Since Saturday I’ve been using the new PC more and more, and I keep
needing to install more software. So far, I have:
- Palm Desktop, so I could sync my handheld
- AT&T Global Network dialer; I wanted to make sure I’d already
updated the phone list before I went on the road!
- Groove, so I could see information on some projects I’m working on
- Microsoft Office, because I needed Excel for some Groove files
and for my time sheet.
- Delorme Street Atlas 2003 for maps to the directors’ retreat in
- Delorme Earthmate GPS USB drivers, so I could be directed on the
trip (I didn’t really need it, but I wanted it)
- Intervideo WinDVD, which comes bundled with the ThinkPad. This
is needed not only to watch DVDs, but apparently to watch any
MPEG files with Windows Media Player. I’ve got some TV shows transferred
from my ReplayTV I might want to watch (sooner or later I’ll get around
to watching Panic Room.
I’ve had the new PC running for more than three days, including
leaving it on overnight and suspending and resuming a lot, and it
hasn’t crashed yet. Whatever was causing the problem before isn’t
on the new PC yet. I’m going to wait on optional drivers (all the
IBM ones, and my cell phone modem) until I need them.