Charles Engelke's Blog

July 28, 2003

Getting Kwiki Formatting to Work

Filed under: blosxom — Charles Engelke @ 4:03 pm

meta-markup: kwiki

This turned out to be kind of hard to get right, because I write my
posts on Windows, then upload them in binary format, so the
meta plug-in wasn’t splitting lines right. All I had to do was
change the regex from [\n] to [\r*\n] to be tolerant of Windows line
endings.

(more…)

Advertisements

June 25, 2003

Writing my first plug-in

Filed under: blosxom — Charles Engelke @ 9:01 pm

Okay, I wanted to write a plug-in to turn a single instance of the Blosxom
script into one that behaves differently depending on the URL used to access
it. I’m assuming that there are multiple ScriptAlias directives in the Apache
configuration, each pointing a different URL at the same script. If the URL
is /charles, the script should use configuration values appropriate for user
charles. If the URL is /bobd, the script should use configuration values for
that user. The configuration variables are blog_title,
blog_description, and datadir in the Blosxom script.

(more…)

Trying out a plug-in

Filed under: blosxom — Charles Engelke @ 6:45 pm

One of the reasons I chose Blosxom was its plug-in architecture. That meant
I could start with a really simple installation, then add features as I got
more comfortable with the system. Today I wrote a plug-in for Blosxom
at work.

(more…)

June 21, 2003

Getting started with Blosxom

Filed under: blosxom — Charles Engelke @ 8:24 pm

I installed an early version of Blosxom over a year ago, played around with it,
and then forgot about it. Blosxom was really easy to get going, but not
really powerful enough to interest me.

(more…)

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.